Instrument Rating Instructor IRI(A)
Hours of theoretical teaching
Hours of theoretical technical training
The purpose of this course is to train pilots to operate as a flight instructor for the achievement of Instrumental qualification for IR (A) SEP aircraft.
If the pilot wishes to operate as a flight instructor for the achievement of Instrumental certification on multi-engine IR (A) MEP aircraft, he must be in possession of a CRI certification (A).
• The applicant for an IRI certification (A) must have completed at least 800 hours of IFR flight, of which at least 400 on an airplane.
If you have FI (A) certification:
• The applicant for an IRI qualification (A) must have completed at least 200 hours of IFR flight on an aircraft of which up to 50 hours can be done on a simulator.
• 25 hours of theoretical teaching and learning lessons;
• 10 hours of theoretical technical training lessons including the revision of instrumental theoretical knowledge, the preparation of lessons and the development of classroom teaching skills.
• If the applicant is an FI (A) holder, these hours are reduced to 5.
• 10 hours of practical lessons in flight on aircraft or on SBB.
• Final AOC exam with a qualified examiner..